Digital Marketing Intern
Are you a social media maven in the making? Want to learn more about developing digital marketing campaigns for publishing houses, independently published authors, and more from our team of experts? Want to gain hands-on experience with an established company and work from home? (This is real.)
We’re looking to hire an amazing digital marketing intern who is dedicated to over-achieving, gaining valuable real-world experience (no long days of filing/picking up coffee), and learning how to manage social media, content marketing, and email marketing campaigns.
Our interns designate their weekly office hours and commit to a minimum of 15 hours per week, ideally for 6 months. We also offer a performance-based stipend, up to $750, which will be available to outstanding interns who successfully perform specific communication and outcome-related goals. Basically, if you impress us with your killer skills and work ethic, you can earn up to $250 at the half-way point of the internship and another $500 once the internship is over.
You’ll be mentored and supervised by our Digital Marketing Director (@jandralee), and you’ll assist her in developing, executing, and monitoring client digital marketing campaigns.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Self-starter with initiative and creativity
- Excellent time management skills
- Possesses the ability to manage own work flow
- Dedicated to making a difference in clients’ campaigns
- Positive attitude
- Solid understanding of social media
- Excellent communication skills
- Efficient social media writing skills
- Exposure to development & execution of social media campaigns
- Understanding of digital media applications: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram
Your internship will include:
- Development and execution of social media campaigns
- Content generation and ongoing social media support
- Research newsworthy topics/events, angles, influencers, and social media trends.
- Attend monthly team and brainstorm strategy meeting first Tuesday of each month (negotiable depending on locale of intern)
- Monitor all forms of social media
- Assist with social media content development and blog writing for PRBTB and clients
- Email marketing, content marketing, and SEO – oh my!
- Additional projects as assigned
- Copious amounts of coffee
- Lots of gifs & memes
Here’s what you’ll need to succeed (not required where indicated):
- Social Media Applications (FB, Twitter, Pinterest, Hootsuite, Instagram, Google+, etc.)
- Mobile phone (preferred – not required)
- High-speed Internet Connection
- Knowledge of GoogleApps for Business (gmail, Google docs, Spreadsheets, Presentation)
- Mac/PC basic skills
- WordPress (not required)
What’s in it for you:
- Earn “mentor hours” throughout the term, to be used as 1-on-1 consulting/training.
- Work from home! AKA, you’ll save on commute time and gas (also, you can work in your pajamas).
- Manage your own time and assist with projects when it is convenient for your schedule.
- Shadow experienced PR and digital marketing professionals.
- Possibly receive college credit for the internship. (This must be coordinated with your school).
- Learn real skills that will help you in the real world.
If you’re interested in being our next digital marketing intern, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
More information about PR by the Book can be found at www.prbythebook.com
. Follow us on Twitter