Prior to joining PR by the Book, Elena spent several years at a children’s educational publisher, Free Spirit Publishing, in Minneapolis. There, she planned and executed media campaigns for all of the company’s titles and managed 75+ authors working primarily in the areas of gifted education, special needs, and service learning.
Notable authors she’s directed campaigns for include:
OUTDOORS / TRAVEL
• Dan Malloy (Slow Is Fast / Patagonia Books)
• Yvon Chouinard, Patagonia Founder (Simple Fly Fishing / Patagonia Books)
• Tony Juniper (What Has Nature Ever Done For Us? / Synergetic Press)
• Dr. Mark Nelson (The Wastewater Gardener / Synergetic Press)
• Philippe Cousteau & Cathryn Berger Kaye (Make a Splash!)
• Daniel Stefanski (How to Talk to an Autistic Kid)
• Jeffrey Bennett (Math for Life, What Is Relativity? / Columbia University Press)
• Otis Kriegel (What Every Elementary School Teacher REALLY Needs to Know)
• Robert Taylor (A New Way to Be Human)
• Drs. Les & Leslie Parrott (Making Happy / Worthy Publishing)
• Elizabeth Verdick (Toddler Tools series)
Specializing in environmental, education, parenting, and lifestyle titles, Elena regularly matches her authors with their targeted audience and maintains strong relationships with top reviewers, editors, writers, and producers at networks and publications such as:
With 7 years of experience in publishing and book publicity, Elena has worked with publishing houses to gain media exposure for their books, and with both first-time and veteran authors to help them to establish their author platform, find their perfect audience and grow their readership.